Call for Abstracts Open
Submit your abstract by 16 January 2014
- Abstracts should cover the objectives, procedures, results and conclusions of the research and should be no more than 2,500 characters in length including spaces and punctuations. The title, authors, and authors’ affiliations are not included in the character limit.
- Titles are required — they should be brief and state the topic.
- Abstract titles should not include company names.
- Student submissions are encouraged to all sessions.
- In keeping with the spirit of the conference, presenters must refrain from making subtle or blatant sales pitches including but not limited to: repeated use of product names, trade names or pictures, or repeated use of company logo.
- Evaluation and ranking of abstracts are based on relevance and timeliness of subject matter; usefulness of contribution to the advancement of knowledge, techniques or practice; and overall clarity, organization and presentation of ideas.
- Sessions will be determined from the abstracts submitted to each theme.
- Submit your abstract in the form in which you would like it published. Abstracts will not be edited.
- Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection in March 2014.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will have the option to submit an extended version of their abstract which will then be reproduced on CD-ROM and made available at the conference.
- Authors are invited to have their work, both oral and poster presentations, published on AAPG’s online Search and Discovery to preserve their work for future reference.
- Final booth design will be announced in the poster kit and sent to all confirmed poster presenters prior to the start of the conference.
Important: AAPG has no funding for speakers. Do not submit an abstract unless at least one author is certain to attend the conference. All session chairs, speakers and poster presenters must register to attend the conference. No exceptions.
Abstracts for all sessions should be submitted online at www.AAPG.org/ICE. If you cannot submit your abstract online, please contact our technical programs coordinator:
Convention Technical Programs Coordinator
Phone: +1 918 560 2641
Permission for AAPG to publish your abstract is implied when you submit your paper for consideration to the 2014 International Conference & Exhibition.
The AAPG Executive Committee has established that presenters who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without notifying AAPG of their cancellation at least five weeks in advance of the start of the program will not be allowed to present papers or posters at any AAPG-sponsored technical meeting for a term of three (3) years.